In the wake of the COVID-19 (coronavirus) epidemic, health and safety have become ever more important. As more cases are confirmed, spread of the virus has become pandemic yet, this shows safety tips that should be followed with or without a viral outbreak.
Here are some recommended tips by the CDC to keep your home safe for you and your loved ones:
1. Wash hands often for at least 20 seconds with soap and water, after sneezing and coughing, and especially when you return home.
- If hands are not visibly dirty, use hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
2. Routine cleaning of frequently touched surfaces such as tables, doorknobs, light switches, counter-tops, handles, desks, phones, keyboards, toilets, faucets, sinks, fridge door and handles e.t.c.
3. To clean, use soap and water.
4. To disinfect, use household disinfectants or homemade disinfectant.
- To make homemade disinfectant, mix 5 tablespoons (1/3rd cup) of bleach per gallon (3.8L) of water or 4 teaspoons of bleach per quart (1L) of water.
5. Cough or sneeze onto your sleeves or tissue paper and discard immediately after use.
For more cleaning tips, visit our instagram page @cleansmartng or website www.cleansmart.ng